“This product will sell its self” and maybe it will – if you let it.
The products that will sell themselves are:
- Whole and aligned with the environment they will sell in.
- Whole, aligned and not messed up by the company claiming the product will sell its self.
Whole means that the product is complete is the eyes of the buyer who will be compelled to buy.
- The product must be messaged so the buyers immediately realize the problem to be solved for them.
- Once the buyer can see the problem to be solved they will feel the value of the solution and the impact they will experience.
- The buyer visualizes their transition from their current state to that new product experience with no fear.
- The buyer can see this transition starting today all the way to fully deployed and this new experience has no negative surprises.
- The buyer knows the economic impact from going forward is all good.
- The buyer is clear about timeframes, responsibilities and how others will react.
Whole and aligned with the environment they will sell in means, the buyer knows this product fits:
- With other technology.
- With other processes.
- With current partners, staff, family, customers, organizations.
- With current culture.
- With current strategy.
- With current time frames.
- With current financial plans and credit considerations.
- With existing laws, compliance and contract requirement.
Whole, aligned and not messed up by the company claiming the product will sell its self-results when the company with the “product that will sell its self” starts building the product from the right end of the road.
Those that get messed up start at their headquarters end of the road. The design and build for the product would be because of reasons like:
- We love the technology.
- Our competitors don’t have one of these.
- This fits our history.
- We can build this cheap.
- This will make us a lot of money.
- We have factory capacity to build this with no new overhead.
- This will extend the product line for another three years.
- We can win an award with this.
- This is just COOL!
- We have engineers who can build this.
Those that are NOT messed up, start at the customer’s end of the road. The design and build of these products would be because of reasons like:
- Solves one or more high-value customer problem(s).
- The value for the customer is ten times the fee the seller will receive.
- This will result in the customer growing revenue and margin.
- This will eliminate the customers biggest compliance issue.
- This will move our customer into a new highly desirable market.
- This will move our customer to industry leadership.
- This lowers our customer short-term risk.
- This creates a new revenue stream for the customer.
A product is born based on a customer problem or opportunity that improves the customer’s business delivers value because the product is born whole, aligned, value giving and receiving.
When the product is born because someone at Headquarters is sure they know what is best (like this product to sell its self) for the customer there are two things you can be sure of:
- It isn’t best for the customer.
- It won’t sell its self or maybe at all.
Get to the customer’s end of the road and build whole products that sell themselves before they are even built.
Revenue Science™ creates the greatest growth from your
Marketing, Selling, and Delivery resources deployed.
Contact Us today to learn about Revenue Science™
deployment and certification as a CRO.
Upcoming Revenue Science™ CRO Certification Class
Beginning September 29, 2018