- We feel pretty good so another year (actually the fourth year) goes by with no annual physical and then we say we are unlucky when we learn what we could have prevented a serious illness.
- We go to an investment firm give them our money and celebrate how smart we are if it grows and sue them if it doesn’t.
- Those life insurance salespeople are scaremongers who just want your money – at least that is what you told your spouse and kids.
- Retirement planning is a banker’s way of getting in your pocket and keeping you cash-strapped.
- Your company is doing well. You are making money, the company is growing, you have the family on the payroll and the bank has extended more credit to you. There is no reason to focus on making Revenue Science™ part of your culture today when everything is good.
Life is always about things we can control and things we can’t control. When it comes to your company you can control whether or not you have an intentional Revenue Strategy that is aligned to Revenue Science™ and deployed along a metric driven Revenue RoadMap.
You control the culture your company develops based on your actions or inactions.
You can control what you do in the short-term to position your company for the long-term and the intentional achievement of your Revenue Strategy goals.
When you are lucky enough to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right product you can assure predictable revenue growth in the short-term and over the long-term by intentionally creating a Revenue Science™ culture. If you are not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time the Revenue Science™ culture works even better.
What you shouldn’t do is believe that the right place, right time, right product bubble won’t burst and take you with it. Ignorance is NEVER a defense and a Revenue Science™ culture is always the winning offense.